I don't want to waste your or my time on stuff that doesn't need it, you should know if your request is reasonable
Public contact channels:
You may contact me if your message meets the contact requirements, a measure put in place to minimize wasted time
If you match these, you may not contact me
- ✗ Automated, non-personal mails
- ✗ Scams, spam and trolling (and other such content)
- ✗ Mass mail (except for previously allowed ones)
- ✗ Advertisements
- ✗ Time-wasting requests
If you match these, please get in touch
- ✓ Related to an 'official' CFC
- ✓ Relevant to the used CFC (call for contact)
- ✓ Clear in purpose and requested action
- ✓ Nether wasting your OR my time
- ✓ Is reasonable / justifiable
- ✓ Matches Medium and message (the medium is the message)
A few classes of mails may be send without the need to reference a CFC or justification (though greatly appreciated):
- ✓ Hire requests
- ✓ Security findings / Bug reports
- ✓ Typos, where they are and how to fix them (applies to grammar fails as well)
- ✓ Info on content errors (logic errors, formals, simplifications, corrections, ...)
- ✓ Justifiable requests (if you can tell my why you messaged me and dont match the negative requirements but aren't explicitly listed)
Things that sound obvious to me but might not for others. That is why i explain them. (they should be deductible by common sense though)
Call for contact
A 'call for contact' is a clearly directed request for others to get in touch, most of the time they carry ether an implicit or sometimes an explicit purpose, a reason to message or a field it's related to.
A hire me link on an 'official' site, slideshow or other medium
What to do now
You do want to hire me
Throw the mail on over. State that you want to hire me and maybe what got you into sending the mail.
You dont want to hire me
Do NOT mail me anything if your use-case/request isn't stated OR and doesn't match the general mail case.
The medium is the message
This should go without saying but a formal request via discord is not going to look that professional. Same goes the other way round.
You should be able to find the correct medium/ channel to poke me from to increase the probability of a return.